Crossbow Question?

June 2, 2010 by Bowhunter  
Filed under Bowhunting

josh m asked:

I have recently torn my rotator cuff so my bowhunting just got put on hold I know I need permission to use a crossbow from the wild life folks what is a decent crossbow that won't break the bank and how do I get it shipped to me in NC will the wild life people get me permission? Thanx for ur help & knowledge!


What on earth did I see? Was it.a spirit?

  • Winsor Pilates


6 Responses to “Crossbow Question?”
  1. Silver Cigarette Cases

    Go to your local DNR office. They will give all the forms that need to be filled out by a DR. to get your crossbow permit.

    Then go to your archery shop and ask them about crossbows. I am sure they will have some good information for you.

  2. Bowtech

    handicap tag is what you need you buy crossbows out of bass pro shop online

  3. Nintendo DS


  4. Indoor Marijuana Horticulture

    Anything made by Horton. JD will ship you one.

  5. Vintage Cufflinks

    Many states allow people with physical disabilities to hunt with a Crossbow. Contact your State DNR for an application form. Most all states require a letter from your Doctor that out lines your particular disability to qualify.You should have no trouble getting a permit with a torn rotator cuff.

    As far as Crossbow brands I would suggest Horton as Wujoosay has already advised.They are accurate, and are easy to co*k and shoot even with your disability. I would suggest you go to Hortons website listed below and check them out.They have models to fit most any budget, and are a very effective Deer hunting instrument. I have been hunting with (personally and successfully)in addition to selling Horton Crossbows for 16 years…..

    NOTE* I won’t sell you a Horton, but I make it a point to sell equipment I believe in and have used successfully myself, like Horton brand Crossbows…. BTW You don’t have to be “disabled” to own a Crossbow, but you in order to hunt with one in most states….Good Luck!

  6. Bowtech says:

    Make Money From Home

    Check with the DNR usually you will have to send a form filled by your Dr. in with the letter to see if you met the requiremenst. Being a disabled vet i fall withing the rquirement to hunt with crossbow in my home state. I use a Barnett Quad-400. Draw weight of 150lbs. I chronographed this at 335 fps. I got mine at cabellas for about $350.
    Id chec with the DNR and make sure you qualify to hunt with one before you purchase

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!